There is a large variety of meat grinders available in market nowadays. These meat grinders vary in shapes, functions, material, pricing, power consumption, and in many other ways. If a person visits the market, it will be difficult for that person to choose the right one, which meets his/her requirements within the budget. The meat grinder is an essential appliance in every kitchen nowadays because it makes easy to chop and grind meat within no time. You don’t have to go in market and throw your money for grinding and slicing your meat from a butcher.
If you are a house wife or a professional chef you will need in both cases a nice meat grinder according to your wish. If you are going to buy a meat grinder, why not get detailed information to avoid throwing your cash on a piece that will not meet your requirements. Some people cut their meat with their hands, but what will you do if you will have to chop and slice a large quantity of meat, of course, you will badly want at that time to find a suitable grinder to save you from extra fatigue. We have figured out 3 best meat grinders that will surely not only meat your kitchen needs, but also will not snatch a heavy amount of money from your wallet.
- 1 Top best meat grinders available in the market nowadays:
- 2 Factors When Buying A Meat Grinder
- 3 Factors To Consider When Buying A Meat Grinder
- 4 Type of Meat Grinder
- 5 How to Use and Care
- 6 Conclusion
Top best meat grinders available in the market nowadays:
Here are some meat grinder reviews of top class grinder manufacturing companies’ to make easy for you to get acquainted with the master brands, their specifications, prices, and benefits. Keep on reading and get what you afford and what you are in need.
1. LEM Products .75 HP Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder
The LEM Product .75 HP Stainless Steel Electric meat grinder stands among the best meat grinders due to its high proficiency, affordable price, and popularity. When we compare its price tag with the other similar products, we find this wonderful piece of kitchen more qualitative. It motor runs with extra power and can grind 360 lbs meat in just one hour. If you have a large family or you are a professional chef and grind large quantities of meat, you are really in need of this top notch grinder. This sturdy and robust meat grinder with a massive but balanced handle weighs 74 pounds. The handle of grinder can easily be moved. All parts of LEM grinder are made of metal that enhance its toughness. The motor of grinder enduringly lubricated and its auger has powerful features that are capable of pulling meat rapidly and more efficiently. You can count on LEM grinder’s high performance due to its sturdy built. This eye-catching grinder is equipped with all necessary gears like 110volt motor with permanent lubrication, durable auger, housing, and a stainless steel head. All accessories are included in the pack just as grinder knife, two stuffing plates with course and fine sizes, stainless steel meat pan, 3 stuffing tubes, meat stomper, and a sturdy handle. The product comes with two years warranty with a built in circuit breaker. LEM uses the exceptional Big Bite technology in its heavy built grinders to meet a wide variety of its customers. You can put heavy load on its motor, it will work smoothly. There is no plastic used in any part of this best meat grinder and with tough metal parts you can run this product many years.
2. Stx Turboforce 3000 Series 3 Speed Electric Meat Grinder
The STX TurboForce 3000 Series – 3 Speed Electric meat grinder is a high-quality meat grinder, it is very popular due to its rich features and tough built. It is a high power meat grinder and its motor has a peak output power of 3 kilo watt which is capable of grinding large quantities of meat and bone within a few minutes. It is a great time saver and result oriented machine. It comes with three cutting blades made of stainless steel, tempered steel grinding plates with three different sizes, course, medium, and fine. All parts of machine have strong ability of anti corrosion and can work for a long time. Size of this heavy duty meat grinder is 12 which can handle as much meat as you wish to grind. As the motor wattage is 3000, it will not get warm if you large pieces of meat frequently. However, if you are a professional and work in some restaurant and have hundreds of pounds meat to grind, then you will have to give some rest during your meat grinding. The STX TurboForce 3000 Series – 3 Speed Electric meat grinder is a best selling product in USA for last several years and got more than 4.5 star review rating from 99.9% customers. This beautiful kitchen piece has great features and is very durable with eye-catching shape. It can be adjusted anywhere over the countertop. It is very sleek and weighs just 12 pounds that means anyone can pick it easily. The unit has a built in circuit breaker for its safety. This meat grinder comes with three stuffing tubes and a set of three sausage tubes with kubbe attachment. This worthy piece has an economical price with one year replace and repair guarantee. If you are looking for a top-notch, sturdy, beautiful, and an affordable meat grinder for you big family you are on right place, the STX TurboForce 3000 Series – 3 Speed Electric meat grinder has all abilities you are looking for.
3. Sunmile SM-G73 ETL Stainless Steel Meat Grinder
Do you want to buy a meat grinder to fulfill your kitchen needs but don’t have enough budget to meet your desires? Get your right thing to meet your requirements within your budget; the Sunmile SM-G73 meat grinder is the best choice for those who have limited cash in their wallets. Just spend less than $100 and bring the best meat grinder in your kitchen with a number of quality functions and accessories. The Sunmile SM-G73 ETL stainless steel meat grinder has a motor of 600 watt power and its lock power up to 1kw. It is rated as 1.6 HP that is enough to handle even a large family kitchen and can grind 185 lbs meat per hour. This grinder is capable of dealing with 60 to 100 lbs in one sitting and the grinder will not get overheated. Just use it 20 minutes then a 10 to 15 minute break to let cool it down. There is also a built in circuit breaker for its safe and smooth operation. This grinder comes with size 8 and it has diameter of 2.5 inches. The grinder works efficiently due to its spiral design. The unit comes with one cutting blade and three grinding plates with small, medium, and course sizes and material is stainless steel. Housing of the unit is made of aluminum with stainless steel coating. Feeding tubes and tray are also made of aluminum. Fine plastic is used to make its internal gears. The set has three sausage stuffing with a kubbe attachment made of durable plastic. The grinder is operated with three buttons, one for switching ON/OFF, one Reverse button to avoid the machine from jamming, and the third one a Reset button. One plastic meat pusher is also a part of this package. The unit comes with one year warranty from its date of purchase.
Factors When Buying A Meat Grinder
There is a variety of meat grinders in the market having different functions, specifications, attachments, facilities, qualities, and prices. If you are unaware of all these things, it will be difficult for you to buy an appropriate meat grinder for your needs. Every home and commercial kitchen needs a meat grinder, if you want to prevent yourself from preservative foods, want to grind your meat according to your taste. This article will help you to find a suitable best meat grinder for your needs.
There are three types of meat grinders for different purposes, we will discuss the types of meat grinders later, but here is just an introduction of three types.
- Manual meat grinders
- Standalone or Electric meat grinders
- Commercial meat grinders
Each type has its own specifications and benefits and you will choose for yourself according to your needs. Here we will discuss how to find the best meat grinder and what factor you should consider while buying a meat grinder.
A manual grinder is the best for those who have no intention to grind large quantities of meat and they use grinder now and then. One more point is important to note that manual grinder is best for those areas where electricity load shedding is frequent. These grinders are very economical.
The standalone or electric meat grinders come with different attachments and accessories and can be operated with electricity. If you grind meat on regular basis and large quantities, then this type is best for you.
Commercial meat grinders are also electricity operated grinders and are best to use for those who want to use them for grinding meat commercially. You can choose the right one when you know what thing really you want.
Before buying a meat grinder, you should know your requirements, product specifications, functions, attachments and accessories, price, and material used in the body and accessories of meat grinder.
Factors To Consider When Buying A Meat Grinder
What you brought from the market and what is going in your stomach, you will be unaware of if you don’t prepare your meals in your kitchen with your own hands. But without a meat grinder it will be difficult for you because if you need grinded meat you will have to believe what the butcher is telling you. So, if you have made your mind to buy a meat grinder, you will have to consider a few factors to meet your needs.
• Quantity of Meat
The first thing you should consider before buying a meat grinder is the meat quantity. If you use meat occasionally a simple hand grinder is sufficient for your kitchen needs. However, if you use meet regularly and also have a large family, want to make sausages at your own, you have pets and grind foods for them, a normal manual grinder will not work. In that case you are in need of a large grinder with a powerful motor and a set of attachments and accessories to perform all your kitchen jobs easily and within a few minutes. Electric grinders are the best for this purpose as these grinders are available with various features and motors with different powers.
• Stand Mixers
If you are not a meat addict and don’t grind large quantities of meat, moreover you already have a stand mixer, then just buy a grinding attachment and your need is fulfilled.
If you are a regular user of meat and sausages and can afford to pay some extra cash, you should purchase a quality product. If the material used in a grinder is plastic and aluminum, it will not run for a long time. Stainless steel parts, powerful motor, heavy-duty handle, full set of attachments and accessories will cost you a bit heavy but it will be a nice addition to your kitchen for a long time.
• Grinder Size
It is important to note that what size of meat grinder you want to bring home to meet your needs. Number of the grinder shows its size and normally these numbers start from #5 and goes up to 32. The grinder size shows the diameter of grinding plate and feeding tube. Moreover, small size grinder will have low-power motor. So if you want a powerful grinder, you will have to select a larger sized grinder.
• What You Want to Grind?
It is important to consider when buying a meat grinder that what you want to grind. If you have pets and want to prepare their foods at home, you will need a bigger size of grinder that can handle the meat as well as bones. A minimum size #12 grinder is the best meat grinder to fulfill your needs. If you have a size of 22 or 32 you can throw a whole chicken leg piece without making small pieces.
• Stainless Steel
For a stainless steel grinder you will have to pay more cash but it will stay longer than other material. A stainless steel grinder has accessories made of the same material and it makes the machine and accessories durable and reliable. However, a stainless steel grinder weighs much more than a plastic made with the same size and if you frequently change the place of your meat grinder it will become difficult for you to move a stainless steel grinder.
Another important factor to consider is the price of a meat grinder. A low quality and with less attachments, you will pay less. Before going to market you should check your wallet to decide what you require and what item you can afford. You will be fascinated after finding a variety and beauty of different product with smart facilities and functions. A basic meat grinder does the same function and you should get one if don’t have enough budget. On the other hand, a meat grinder is your long time investment, so while getting a meat grinder you should wait a little bit if you really want a quality meat grinder, but due to limited budget you are going to buy a piece, which is unable to meet your requirements.
Type of Meat Grinder
There are a large number of meat grinder models available in the market all over the world, but these are divided into three main types or categories. Every model has different specs and functions and could be selected by its purchasers according to their requirements, needs and their budget. The grinder that fulfills your needs and is durable enough to stay long with attachments and functions is the best meat grinder for you.
• Manual Meat Grinders
Manual meat grinders don’t need electric power and can be operated manually. Some of the meat grinders consist of clamps bolted on the tabletop and countertop of the kitchen. These types of grinders are very stable to use. However, these grinders have a drawback, clamps can cause problem as these get loose and slippery with regular use. Placing a rough cloth under clamps, this problem could be overcome.
As it is operated manually the speed of grinding is very low and it will not suit those people who want to use grinder on regular basis or for commercial use. This type is best for those people who have electricity issues or they don’t want to pay extra electricity bills. Many people cannot afford expensive grinders and this type is better for those who can’t afford a costly meat grinder. Another important thing to note about manual meat grinder is, the un-serviceability rate of manual grinders is very less because they are operated manually and don’t have electric circuit that can burn due to overloading, short circuiting, or other electricity issues.
• Standalone or Electric Meat Grinders
Standalone meat grinders are also called electric meat grinders; they are perfect for those people who need meat grinding in large quantities at regular basis for their large families or commercial use. Standalone meat grinders come with various attachment and accessory sets ranging from high-quality to medium and low-quality. Their prices also vary according to the accessories, features, motor power, and material quality. They are more expensive than manual units. You can grind large quantities of meat in less time and they are made in attractive shapes and designs. These machines are the time savers as they can process a large quantity of meat within minutes. Most of the grinders in this class come with the sets of grinding plates, cutting blades, tray, sausage stuffing, and kubbe attachments.
• Commercial Meat Grinders
For those who grind meat and prepare sausages on commercial level need these types of grinders. This type works more efficiently than the electric meat grinders as motors of these grinders have more power than the home use meat grinders. These are equipped with more attachment pieces and options to perform various functions. Commercial meat grinders can grind hundreds of pounds meat in one session. These grinders are also available with different qualities and functions from medium price range to the highest ones.
How to Use and Care
• Whether you are using a manual meat grinder a standalone or a commercial it is very simple to use and grind your meat. What make the long life of any of your home or kitchen appliance is how you take care of it and how you carry out its maintenance. If you are not taking care of cleaning of any item, no matter how costly and durable material is used in its built, it will not function properly in the long run. Maintenance is the key of anything to get maximum output smoothly. Same goes to meat grinders. If you purchased the best meat grinder made of heavy-duty, rough and tough material, it will start malfunctioning within a few months.
• Second thing to avoid any problem is to operate your machine as described in its operation instructional manual. If it is mentioned that don’t use the machine in one session more than 20 minutes, now if you have very powerful and quality item but you are running it for long time the motor will overheated and can be burnt. So it is essential to follow the instructions of manufacturer.
• Now let’s come to the meat that you are going to grind. If you will grind warm meat, you will smash it and in result you will get a papier-mâché, pliable, and dry meat. It is best to keep the meat for one hour to let it freeze a little or at least it gets harden then start grinding meat you will get your desired results.
• Trim your meat before grinding it otherwise the fats and muscles will gather around the blade and will cause it to become dull and dreary. If you wanted to get chopped meat, your meat will become masticated. Trimming the meat will avoid this situation.
• Observe closely the out coming meat from the grinder to prevent it from smudging. It should come out of every hole in distinct tiny pieces. If the fats were not isolated from the meat during trimming, these fats will cause you problem. If you have reverse facility in your grinder, run your machine in reverse, otherwise you will have to dismantle the unit to clear this malfunctioning.
• Cutting blades play a vital role in grinding your meat, so take good care of them and keep them sharp and rust free. When you are not trimming meat and fats are coming with the meat, these fats will cause the cutting blades to get dull and the dull blades will start smearing the meat. When you are going to start grinding make sure that blade and grinding plate are fully tight. If some fats are stuck on blade wash it with care and sharp it if necessary.
• If you are going to grind large quantity of meat, then it is better to wash your blade and grinding plate once in the middle of grinding for its smooth working. Don’t throw all parts in dishwasher and clean them separately and immediately dry them to avoid rust. If you want fine grind to make different types of sausages, grind your meat in two steps, first to normal die, then to smaller die. Your meat will not smear and become better texture for your sausage.
• While make sausage and burgers, meat should be salted. Salted meat will give you a best texture. Salt will dissolve proteins that allow the mixture to crosslink easily. After grinding the meat put a chunk of paper towels into the grinder and run the motor, this action will push the remnants of stray meat out of the plate, feed tube, and shaft of the grinder. One or two pieces of bread will work more efficiently than paper towel because bread will work just as sponge that will soak-up all remnants of meat.
• To clean the grinder, don’t throw its parts once in a dishwasher, rather a large bowl with warm soapy water should be placed near the grinder and clean its parts one by one. After washing these parts dry them immediately to avoid corrosion. You can avoid the risk of building bacteria and germs by doing so. Avoid the motor of machine from moist and clean its housing with a wet towel after unplugging from socket. Don’t soak it into the water otherwise the motor will burn out. If you will coat the parts of machine with oil, the parts will stay long, it is best to avoid corrosion and oxidation.
• If you are taking care of your meat grinder, it will remain serviceable and give you your required output. You can continue with grinding your meat and making sausages and developing your taste. After following the instructions and carrying out its maintenance, your machine will remain consistent and stay serviceable for several years.
Guide grind your own meat with a Meat Grinder
If you want to live a well organized kitchen lifestyle within your budget, there is one and only solution to get a meat grinder with full accessories to meet all your kitchen needs. If you want to avoid yourself and your family from horrible preservatives with chemical addition in your meals, you are surely in need of a good meat grinder to grind and chop meat rather than getting prepared from market. Grinding your meat with your own hands has many plus points; you can grind meat according to your own wish and taste, you know that what you are grinding, so you are going to eat what you want instead of taking different chemicals in your food.
Once you put some cash to buy a meat grinder it will be a source of saving your money in the long run. You are not only saving your money but also you are saving your precious time that would be consumed during your visit to the market to get your meat chopped or grinded. If you are a hunter and love to prepare different recipes at home, a quality meat grinder will help you to prepare different dishes within no time.
There is a wide range of meat grinders available in the market, but it will become difficult for you to select one, which is best to meet your requirements as well as your budget. This guide will help you to select the best meat grinder to fulfill your kitchen requirements. You will be able to see what you have in your wallet and what really you need, so you can choose an option to get your kitchen appliance. After reading our post you will be able to find particular grinder having specifications and accessories you want in your kitchen.